This article was partially inspired by Korezaan’s post:
How Perfect Rail Networks Work
In this post I will show you the principles behind building rail networks in Factorio, so that you understand what you’re doing before you do it, you understand the problems when they appear, and, if no mistakes occur, you create networks that never jam ever.
(I recommend at least scanning over that post, it’s got useful information.)
Just because a train network never jams, does not mean it’s perfect.
This post will attempt to show you that trains are not actually as complicated as they are famed to be.
So here I am to explain…
- Current number of hours played: 504
- Game versions: 0.12 - 0.16
- Longest game in hours: 145
- Time spent figuring out rail theory in hours: still counting
- Amount of notes: None.
- Percent of played worlds with train networks: 100%
- Number of perfect rail networks made: 1
This article is not for those inexperienced with trains, if you’re just getting started, check out this presentation.